Monday, July 28, 2008

Test Group Mission

the idea below extracted from this presentation

Have you ever wondered what is the mission of your testing team. I did and had some in my head. One day, I found this very short and fully list. I'd like to share with here for more discussion.


1. Find defects
2. Maximize bug count
3. Support a unit testing effort
4. Block premature product releases
5. Help managers make ship / no-ship decisions
6. Help stakeholders translate their requirements into acceptance tests
7. Minimize technical support costs
8. Conform to regulations
9. Minimize safety-related lawsuit risk
10. Assess conformance to specification
11. Find safe scenarios for use of the product (find ways to get it to work, in spite of the bugs)
12. Verify correctness of the product
13. Assess quality
14. Assure quality

To me, I feel little bit confused about (8) (9). Regard to number (3), it is not directly, but I think developers will have idea for themselves during test case review meeting. The rest was and is really my team mission :)

(Source: article here)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Related posts