Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Making money with uTest

Today, the uTest MasterCard has come to my house by mail. This is not surprise at all, but last month I was when I got a professional support from Payoneer. Because I took the register to be a part-time Tester of uTest community in June not very serious, you know, just try to finish quick especially in some text box related to address, zip, phone,... (since I did not believe something like this, just nothing more than fun). Then one month later, an email sent from uTest remind me to activate the MasterCard. With a very clear instruction, I replied that I didn't know how to activate it, immediately 1 day after, a person name Pedor in Payoneer reply:

Our records indicate that the Payoneer card sent to you was returned by the post office.
In order for us to send you a new card, please reply to this e-mail and confirm your mailing address in the following format:

- Street Address Line 1:
- Street Address Line 2:
- City/State:
- Postal Code:
- Country:

You will be able to activate your card, once you receive it in the mail. Until your card arrives, please disregard automated e-mails urging you to complete card activation.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Fedor


And certainly, I did enter my correct mail address. Then today, August, a month after I receive the uTest MasterCard sent from Payoneer US by Airmail.





With a very clear instruction, I have just activated the card successfully. There is one important note in the letter: "Do not use unless funds are loaded. Some ATM will "eat" your card if you use without any fund available." of course :).

So that's it. Just share to my dear testing friends. Let's join this great cummunity of Tester Professionals. Hopefully after I activate the card I can get a project from uTest, kaka Happy Testing... :D

9 comments:

  1. Tình hình là as I guess, after active the uTest card, a day after, a get-started email has sent and invite me for bug hunting. There are about more than 20 projects overthere but most of them has locked, only one active. First thing, I'd like to look for is the price for each bug, here is it:

    GUI $2.0 $2.67
    Technical $10.0 $13.31
    Functional $5.0 $6.66
    Valuable Feedback $2.5
    Exceptional Feedback $5.0

    Wow, it's a real bargain ;). I don't think I am able to find under 10-bugs a months :D. $200 bucks is not so hard to earn. Let's see how much I can earn in next month. Open Season start now (Gấu bự hươu còi kaka)

    (p/s if you won't see any entry (or less) which mean I'm currently in the forest for bug hunting)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot one thing, along with me in this hunt, there are 16 hunters from 16 countries, that's fun :)

    Andorra Argentina Australia Austria Belgium Bolivia Brazil Canada Chile China Colombia Costa Rica Cuba Finland France Germany Hong Kong Hungary Iceland Ireland Italy Japan Latvia Lithuania Luxembourg Mexico Netherlands New Zealand Norway Paraguay Peru Poland Portugal Romania Russian Federation Spain Sweden Switzerland Ukraine United Kingdom Uruguay Venezuela Viet Nam

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello a Duong, so far, up to now how many bugs did you find in uTest ? I also just joins in this community recently after...your entry :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also interested in this kind of work for extra-earning :D ! Let's share your experiences if possible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, :-D Why uTest so open-handed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi anh Duong,
    Can I join with you? It is very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. chào Anh!
    em là new tester. Sau một hồi tìm kiếm trên mạng, em đã đọc được một số bài viết thật hữu ích cho tester từ blog của anh. Em rất quan tâm đến công việc test. Có lẽ đây là lĩnh vực mới đối với em. Khi phát hiện được lỗi em rất vui, tuy nhiên càng test thì càng thấy lỗi, test hoài test mãi, mình test , dev thì fix bug. NÓi tóm lại công việc test thật thú vị nhưng nếu như bị áp lực nhiều quá thì cũng cái tính chất thú vị của testing cũng bị mất đi. KHông biết có ai có cùng cảm nhận giống như em không. Những người thành công trong lĩnh vực test sau bao năm vật vã đều có những câu chân lý về test. KHông biết đến bao giờ em mới nói được chân lý về test của riêng mình.
    Em đọc bài viết của anh cũng muốn tham gia cái gì đó trên uTest không phải vì earn money đâu chỉ vì muốn học hỏi kinh nghiệm trên đó thôi, biết đâu trong vô số những cái người khác chia sẻ có 1 cái mình lĩnh hội được thì sao. Tuy nhiên sau một hồi điền thông tin đăng ký ở step1 nhần nút next nhưng nó submit được. Chẳng lẽ uTest có bug???? hay nó chờ phải check thêm những cái gì khác, hay 1 lý do nào đó ????
    Không biết khi anh đăng ký có khi nào bị giồng như vậy không? phải đăng ký mấy lần hay chỉ 1 lần duy nhất là được.
    Anh có thể guideline 1 lần nữa được không?
    Thanks in advance

    Chúc anh cuối tuần dzui dze

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Trang, lần trước a đăng ký dể lắm mà. Có ng bạn anh đăng ký qua web ko được, gửi mail thẳng đến Admin của uTest, họ cũng vui vẻ active thôi. Em thử lại nhé.

    Làm công việc nào cũng vậy em à, lúc thì thảnh thơi thì lúc vắt chân chạy... vấn đề là khi đang vắt chân chạy ta vẫn phải giữ được đầu mình "ngăn nắp" rõ ràng như đang thảnh thơi đi dạo công viên vậy.

    Vậy nhé, chúc em vui :)

    Thân!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi anh Dương!
    Cám ơn anh đã reply. Cuối cùng em đã đăng ký được rùi. Mà trên uTest toàn là yêu cầu test game không ah.:).
    Em vừa thi thử ISTQB xong. Đề thi thử mà đã thấy khó rồi thi thật chắc còn khó hơn. Thi thử mà toàn là câu hỏi K2, và K3 khó quá. :) Trong đợt thi thử istqb có đề nghị 5 quyển sách , em đang tìm còn thiếu 2 quyển. KHông biết a. Dương có 2 quyển này k?:
    1.Lesson Learned in software testing
    2. How to break software
    Nếu có thì share cho em với.

    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Related posts