Monday, October 29, 2007
Essay comments
Topic: Write a short letter retell the story at listening Section3 - Test 2 (IELTS Test Builder)
----------------------------
Dear Thu,
How are you doing so far? How is Webminster? I’m here ok at Oxford, so far so good . I’m in the middle of first year. London has nice weather these days. My room-mate, Pamela, and I has just got result of second essay. That’s very good, tutor gave me 18 out of 20, Pamela is less lucky than me, she got 12. You know, over the year we have total 5 essays and a written exam. Each essay is marked out of 20, which give us a total 100 marks, it makes up 50% of our mark for the year. And the other 50% comes from the written exam.
Actually, I thought the first essay is better than this. But I don’t know why tutor gave it higher degree. Tutor said there was a quite marked different between two essay. I think you might interested in this, so I tell you here as for your information if you want to take high score. He said my essay has many relevant examples and done with a quite bit research. He was interested in some information that he was not aware of. The sources for my essay was also very sound. On the top of that, my answer was very well organized indeed and my writing style was very elegant. Wow, you see I was in the cloud at that time, anyway, I have spent two weeks working hard with the essay and it was well worth it. Now I’m on my way writing the next one and I hope it would get the same score .
On the other hand, Pamela, my closed friend, has some issues with her typing and a few spelling mistake, so she got 12. Guess what? I can tell you she hate computer and not so good at typing. She found it difficult, even depressing, when she went over the essay on the keyboard. But the main cause is not from the misspelling but the content. Tutor sometimes did not understand what she said because of the frequency of mistakes.
About Pamela’s case, I told you here just FYI to get experience, please donot tell her what I wrote to you to avoid trouble for you and me too .
Visit me if you have free time at weekend.
See you later,
Duong
----------------------------
Dear Thu,
How are you doing so far? How is Webminster? I’m here ok at Oxford, so far so good . I’m in the middle of first year. London has nice weather these days. My room-mate, Pamela, and I has just got result of second essay. That’s very good, tutor gave me 18 out of 20, Pamela is less lucky than me, she got 12. You know, over the year we have total 5 essays and a written exam. Each essay is marked out of 20, which give us a total 100 marks, it makes up 50% of our mark for the year. And the other 50% comes from the written exam.
Actually, I thought the first essay is better than this. But I don’t know why tutor gave it higher degree. Tutor said there was a quite marked different between two essay. I think you might interested in this, so I tell you here as for your information if you want to take high score. He said my essay has many relevant examples and done with a quite bit research. He was interested in some information that he was not aware of. The sources for my essay was also very sound. On the top of that, my answer was very well organized indeed and my writing style was very elegant. Wow, you see I was in the cloud at that time, anyway, I have spent two weeks working hard with the essay and it was well worth it. Now I’m on my way writing the next one and I hope it would get the same score .
On the other hand, Pamela, my closed friend, has some issues with her typing and a few spelling mistake, so she got 12. Guess what? I can tell you she hate computer and not so good at typing. She found it difficult, even depressing, when she went over the essay on the keyboard. But the main cause is not from the misspelling but the content. Tutor sometimes did not understand what she said because of the frequency of mistakes.
About Pamela’s case, I told you here just FYI to get experience, please donot tell her what I wrote to you to avoid trouble for you and me too .
Visit me if you have free time at weekend.
See you later,
Duong
Label:
English Zone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.