Friday, October 26, 2007

Sixty-year-old Vietnamese man speaking English really cool

Based on a link pasted via Yahoo Messenger, I found this man speaking English really funny. Here is the link at Youtube



You may find many words like this: so-cute, awesome, very cool, super-x-man,.. from the watcher of the clip. I'm not exception, he's really amazing. He remind me an old man I met 2 years ago at English speaking Club of Youth Cultural House (Nhà Văn Hoá Thanh Niên). He come there everyweek to speak English, he is very special guy in the club, the oldest one I'm sure. He's tall, thin, always wearing black jacket and with a helmet on his hand. He's funny man, he enjoy talking to the young, he stopped group by group for discussion any topic, if you made a mistake in grammar or pronunciation, he would had corrected you right away. I also had chance talking to him several times, but right now I almost forget his name, but I still remember he told me he used to work as an interpreter in US army before Liberation day (April-30). And there's no doubt Bill is the man I met. Now I'm very glad to meet him again in the web in term of a well-known Vietnamese cool man. I also would like to thank professor Barry Nabdahl for introducing Bill to the world-wide with an very interesting video-clip.

As following is a comment extracted from Youtube:
"Gday mate, I have known Bill for 8 months - I live in Saigon (from Uc - Australia) I haven't seen him for a few months but he still remembers me - I always buy postcards and gave him extra for his daughter and today he showed me a print out of the You Tube page with your video on it - he was sooo proud :-) I just showed my family as they haven't met him yet - they loved it - thanks for putting Bill on the web - he's such a character!!!! Jenna - HCMC - Vietnam "

Here are another clips about him on Youtube.

Revisit part 1:


Revisit part 2:


Notes: My teacher Mr. Nguyen Hong Anh, may know this man very well, since he run the English Speaking Club at Youth Cultural House (Nhà Văn Hoá Thanh Niên số 4. Pham Ngoc Thach, Q.1, Tp.HCM) every week on Sunday afternoon, at 3 o'clock

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Related posts