Sunday, July 27, 2008

Upgrade 3 column template for Blogger


It's normally after blogging for months, I decide to make this layout more PRO. Now show time, today is weekend, and it actually took me all day long of Saturday to have this pretty nice look I presume. But there was an accident happened during the mean time. I have lost all widgets data and must re-create all from the beginning :(. I was wrong in thought "Download Full Template" feature has widget data back-up already. So you know what to do if you intent to make a revolution for layout ?!? Yes, back-up Widgets first. (and old-template of course)

Hereby are all the articles that I applied by myself successfully:

1/ Back-up widgets
>> I really did forget this very important steps when upgrade this template :(

2/ Export blog posts by draft.blogger.com
>> Even the data is nothing to deal with this update but just do it to make sure your blogging data is safety

3/ 3-column-layout as following standard
>> There are hundred of pages allow me to do this task (this one eg), but this proposed link is suit to me. Because I use the standard and I want to keep this color/this style. This steps take most of the time. I have to re-config it a little bit and use a little paint technique to finish the layout as you see.

4/ Create a favi icon for blog
>> Wonder for long time now got the answer. Just do it, very simple.

5/ Add a widget called "Related Posted"
>> Because I see the same widget in toiyeugoogle's blog then "bon chen" trying to have one.

6/ Label/Tag cloud
>> I have to redo this task because of new layout installed and my widget has lost.

7/ Embed comment form under the post
>> Also wondering it for a long time now got the answer. Nothing less simple than this.

8/ "Popular page today" widget
>> "Bon chen" toiyeugoogle's blog too.

9/ "Recent comments" widget
>> This work very nice and very simple to install, we can limit the comment and text too.

Actually, there are still couple of minor things that I have not finish yet
- Add a list of my reading blog of some Vietnamese writer.
- Add an email box supported by feedburner (continue "bon chen")

But it's time for "đuối" that's it. Those articles above helped me a lot, so do you :).

5 comments:

  1. he..he.. your template looks pretty good, but the background color is dark on both sides of your main page. One more thing, if you are a girl, then the light pink is good for your blog. I think you should customize your blog's background color to make it looks more professional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for your comment, your site is interesting and helpful. I will look over your shared. About the background color, some also say that, but it's style of default, and I'm ok with it. I don't intent spending more time to change it more. I'm the man by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mập ui, em vẫn không thích có 3 cột tại thấy nó chật chội lắm,

    với lại từ phía em, em nhìn vào trang của mập tự nhiên thấy "khó thở" lắm... ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Màn hình 1024 là vừa đủ gòi. Giờ ng ta xài 17inch ko hè. 1280 là vừa đẹp kaka

    ReplyDelete
  5. em có trả lời cho anh rồi đấy, anh xem thử có được ko

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Related posts